- 1½ pounds beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon powdered beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 8 red potatoes
- 2 carrots, cut into rounds
- 1 stalk celery, cut into large pieces
Cut beef into ½-inch thick steaks and place in bowl. In a small bowl stir together the soy sauce, bouillon, pepper, onion powder, paprika and then divide mixture in half and reserve half for the end of the recipe. Brush half of the mixture onto the steaks, thoroughly coating each side. Allow meat to stand for 30 minutes.
Arrange meat on bottom steamer tray. Steam for 30 minutes and then refill steamer and add vegetables to middle and top steamer trays. Steam for an additional 15 minutes. Test meat at this point, it should be fork tender.
Brush meat with reserved flavoring mixture and serve with the vegetables.