- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, olives and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, make the lemon vinaigrette by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Add more black pepper to taste
TIPS FOR MAKING GREEK SALAD
- Make it in advance. The great thing about this salad is that you can make lots at once and store it in your fridge for lunches throughout the week. Just be sure to keep the vinaigrette separate and only add it to the salad that you are consuming that day.
- Double the recipe. So whenever I make this, I double or even triple the quantities of the vegetables so that I have enough leftovers to take to work for lunch the next couple of days.
- How to store. Store the salad in an airtight container and store the lemon vinaigrette in a separate container on the side.